I’m so sorry, Readers, that I have not written to you in a while…I’ve been caught up with LIFE lately. My wedding is in less than a month, and I’ve recently had a very important person in my life pass away (more on that in another blog post). Along with work, fiance, dog, and the usual things, I’ve been extremely overwhelmed, sad, and just generally freaking out. And now, as I’m sitting at my desk trying to work, I’m literally in the middle of a mental break down because I think I might be too fat to get married. Continue reading
My job used to be being a project manager and engineer for Procter and Gamble…One year ago, when I got engaged, I thought to myself, “Planning a wedding is going to be easy as pie…I mange scope, cost, and schedule every day at work for multi-million dollar projects! A wedding for 100 people is nbd compared to that.”
BOY, WAS I WRONG.
Ya’ll, I promise, even if you are super Type-A, you color code all of your notes, and you have spreadsheets for everything, planning a wedding is simply too much for the average person to handle! That is why I got a month of coordinator, and it was the single best investment I made in my wedding. Still not convinced you need one? Let me list the top three reasons to get a wedding coordinator: Continue reading
Let’s be honest here…I am a lazy person. My Pinterest is full of DIY projects for my wedding, and now that we are only 2 months away it is looking less and less likely that I will actually complete any of them. I have purchased a paint kit, but I have not painted my cake toppers yet. I have made exactly two clay cake toppers, when I need to make about 10 more. I never made the “Pennsylvania v. Texas” corn hole sets for the cocktail hour, and I will probably end up buying them for a whopping $200. I was going to make beautiful menus and welcome signs out of wood, and hand paint them….But now I’ll end up purchasing them on Etsy (or not having them at all, cause fuck it, no one notices that stuff anyway, right?).
Somehow I feel like that makes me a bad bride. Like, I should enjoy doing all of these crafty things, right? It should be fun? But honestly, I just wish I was married already. Continue reading
My name is Jessi…On a whim I decided to start a blog today. I am an engineer during the day, and I just felt like I needed a creative outlet or else I might burst!
I do a lot of Instagramming (IG @instantlyjessi), but I felt like that wasn’t really capturing what I do on a day to day basis, and how I’m living my life in a new town, preparing for my wedding, and dealing with typical 20-something issues. So I’m going to start a blog that will hopefully address these burning questions in my life:
– Where is the best burger in Cincinnati? And why can’t I find good BBQ outside of my home state of Texas?
– Will I ever stop feeling homesick for Texas?
– Why does my dog keep shedding? And how often am I really supposed to vacuum my house?
– Why are weddings SO EXPENSIVE, and who can really afford all that stuff anyway? Who has time to personalize cocktail napkins??
– Why can’t I lose more than 10 lbs, even though I work out multiple times a week and eat healthier (most of the time)? If I cut out carbs am I really going to lose weight? Is it worth giving up french fries (I think the answer is no…)??
– Do women really have it worse in engineering? Cause sometimes I feel like I’m so used to the micro-agressions that I don’t even see/hear them anymore…Does that make me a bad feminist? …Am I a feminist?
– Am I too chubby to pull off a crop top? Cause I kind of wore one the other day, but I don’t know if it was good or not.
Anyway, as you can see, I have a lot of THOUGHTS on a lot of THINGS. Feel free to read this or not read this, I am going to treat it like my own personal journal and I choose to write about whatever I want. I do not have a “theme”, which is one of the main reasons why I’m calling this blog “InstantlyJessi” because it’s basically just what I’m thinking in that instance. Don’t read too much into it.
So, world, I look forward to writing to you. Cheers to future blog posts!