My name is Jessi…On a whim I decided to start a blog today. I am an engineer during the day, and I just felt like I needed a creative outlet or else I might burst!
I do a lot of Instagramming (IG @instantlyjessi), but I felt like that wasn’t really capturing what I do on a day to day basis, and how I’m living my life in a new town, preparing for my wedding, and dealing with typical 20-something issues. So I’m going to start a blog that will hopefully address these burning questions in my life:
– Where is the best burger in Cincinnati? And why can’t I find good BBQ outside of my home state of Texas?
– Will I ever stop feeling homesick for Texas?
– Why does my dog keep shedding? And how often am I really supposed to vacuum my house?
– Why are weddings SO EXPENSIVE, and who can really afford all that stuff anyway? Who has time to personalize cocktail napkins??
– Why can’t I lose more than 10 lbs, even though I work out multiple times a week and eat healthier (most of the time)? If I cut out carbs am I really going to lose weight? Is it worth giving up french fries (I think the answer is no…)??
– Do women really have it worse in engineering? Cause sometimes I feel like I’m so used to the micro-agressions that I don’t even see/hear them anymore…Does that make me a bad feminist? …Am I a feminist?
– Am I too chubby to pull off a crop top? Cause I kind of wore one the other day, but I don’t know if it was good or not.
Anyway, as you can see, I have a lot of THOUGHTS on a lot of THINGS. Feel free to read this or not read this, I am going to treat it like my own personal journal and I choose to write about whatever I want. I do not have a “theme”, which is one of the main reasons why I’m calling this blog “InstantlyJessi” because it’s basically just what I’m thinking in that instance. Don’t read too much into it.
So, world, I look forward to writing to you. Cheers to future blog posts!